Appointment Line: (877) 259-4433
What is Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that can stem from wherever your bones, tendons, and ligaments come in contact with one another. When bursae, or fluid filled sacs that surround points of contact near joints, becomes irritated it causes inflammation and immediate pain resulting in bursitis. Below are some details about the development and treatment of this condition.
What causes bursitis
- Overuse or repeated motions
- Long periods of time of pressure on a specific area of the body
- Avoid strenuous activity of the area that is causing pain or discomfort
- Apply ice to inflamed area twice a day for 10-15 minutes
- Take pain relievers such as ibuprofen or aspirin
To prevent stiffness, gently move the area of the body through full range of motion